This year’s Gamescom event will boast more exhibitors from more countries than ever before, the organisers have confirmed.
Gamescom kicks off on Wednesday August 18th at Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany. MCV will be offering unprecedented coverage of the event and is operating an MCV News Zone throughout the show, with updates and trade announcements every hour.
Highlights of the 2010 show include:
· 480 exhibitors will be attending, far greater than last year’s figure (2009: 458)
· Numerous new exhibitors from Germany and abroad · Nearly 220 foreign companies attending in Cologne (+8.3%)
· Share of foreign exhibitors at 45.5 percent (2009: 43.9%)
· Exhibitors from a total of 33 countries (2009: 31)
· 10 country specific pavilions in the business area (2009: 7)
· 200 world, European and German premieres expected (2009: 100)
· 250 jobs in the “Jobs & Careers” centre
· Gamescom festival turns the downtown into an interactive playground
· GDC Europe will open the games days in Cologne on 16 August
Access is restricted to media and industry professionals on Wednesday 18th, with private visitors welcomed on the following day and from Friday night will spread throughout the rest of the city.
Exhibitors include Nintendo, Namco Bandai, Warner Brothers, Microsoft, Konami, Sony, Ubisoft, Bigben Interactive, NCsoft, Frogster, Koch Media, Hama, Nvidia and Asus.
For the first time this year Gamescom also welcomes THQ, Nvidia, Korea Trade- Investment Promotion Agency, Roccat, Burda:ic, Parrot SA, Perfect World Entertainment, Valve Corporation, Trion Worlds, IGG Inc, Riot Games Ltd., InstantAction and the Russian Association of Developers.
More details on Gamescom can be found on the official site. Check out MCV’s Gamescom 2010 news feed next week for a comprehensive guide to the show and hourly coverage of all the big news to emerge from the event.