According to ELSPA/GFK-ChartTrack data, both Mario Kart and Wii Fit enjoyed a boost in sales, both up 12 per cent on the previous week.
Sega’s official Beijing game remains in third as the publisher’s Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games stays in fourth spot. The titles aren’t the only games to benefit from Great Britain’s Olympic success, as Eidos’ summer Athletics jumps from No.25 to No.12.
Half the All Formats Top 10 is made up of party/mini game titles with Take Two’s Carnival: Funfair Games breaking back into the Top Ten, up from No.13 to No.6 thanks to the launch of the DS version of the title.
The full top ten reads:
1) Mario Kart Wii – Nintendo
2) Wii Fit – Nintendo
3) Beijing 2008 – Sega
4) Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games – Sega
5) Wii Play – Nintendo
6) Carnival: Funfair Games – Take Two
7) Big Beach Sports – THQ
8) Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training – Nintendo
9) Wall-E – THQ
10) Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock – Activision Blizzard