According to official GFK-ChartTrack/ELSPA data Mario Kart Wii climbs from third spot to take the No.1 spot in the All Formats top 40 for the week ending August 16th.
Wii Fit drops one place to No.2, whilst Sega’s Beijing Olympics 2008 leaps up from 13th spot to claim No.3.
Another benficary of Team GB, Sega’s Mario & Sonic at The Olympic Games jumps up four places to No.4, whilst Nintendo’s Wii Play holds onto fifth spot.
Activision’s Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock is another non-mover at No.6, as Ubisoft’s Soul Calibur drops four places to No8.
The full GFK-ChartTrack/ELSPA top ten selling games for the week ending August 16th read:
1) Mario Kart Wii – Nintendo
2) Wii Fit – Nintendo
3) Beijing 2008 – Sega
4) Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games – Sega
5) Wii Play – Nintendo
6) Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock – Activision
7) Soul Calibur IV – Ubisoft
8) Big Beach Sports – THQ
9) Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training – Nintendo
10) Guitar Hero: On Tour – Activision