Activision’s Prototype 2 is No.1 in the UK, the latest UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 reveals.
Despite the success, the game actually fell short of beating the week one sales of its predecessor from 2009.
The Xbox 360 SKU accounted for 63 per cent of sales, with PS3 claiming the remaining 37 per cent. This is roughly in line with the performance of the first game.
Last week’s No.1, Namco Bandai’s The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings falls five places to No.6 after a 73 per cent fall in sales.
EA maintains its strong position in the higher echelons of the listings, claiming second, third and fourth with FIFA Street, FIFA 12 and Mass Effect 3 respectively.
Here’s the All Formats Top 20 in full for the week ending April 28th:
1. Prototype 2 (Activision)
2. FIFA Street (EA)
3. FIFA 12 (EA)
4. Mass Effect 3 (EA)
5. Kinect Star Wars (Microsoft)
6. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Namco Bandai)
7. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (EA)
8. Battlefield 3 (EA)
9. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
10. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
11. Batman: Arkham City (Square Enix)
12. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
13. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
14. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
15. SSX (EA)
16. Moshi Monsters: Moshling Zoo (Mind Candy)
17. UFC Undisputed 3 (THQ)
18. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
19. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (THQ)
20. F1 2011 (Codemasters)