COD4’s 37 per cent drop in sales saw the acclaimed next-gen shooter drop to third place, with EA’s FIFA 08 climbing two places to grab second spot. EA also lays claim to the rest of the top five, with The Simpsons Game and Need for Speed: ProStreet claiming fourth and fifth places respectively.
Elsewhere in the charts there are strong gains for Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 and Activision’s Guitar Hero III, whilst the likes of THQ’s Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights, EA’s MySims and Microsoft’s Mass Effect all re-enter the listings.
The ChartTrack All Formats Top Ten in full:
1. Assassin’s Creed (Ubisoft)
2. FIFA 08 (EA)
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
4. The Simpsons Game (EA)
5. Need for Speed: ProStreet (EA)
6. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
7. WWE Smackdown vs Raw (THQ)
8. More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
9. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Activision)
10. The Golden Compass (Sega)