Despite dropping 54 per cent of its sales compared to last week, EA has fended off some strong opposition to remain the UKIE Gfk Chart-Track All Formats No.1 for the second week in a row.
It’s the first time a game in the Battlefield series that has retained its place at the top of the charts for a second week.
Sony’s Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception enters the listing in second place, enjoying the 11th best ever PS3 launch in the UK. Sales were up on its predecessor Uncharted 2 by 37 per cent.
Sega’s Sonic Generations claims 10th in its first week of release while Activision’s Goldeneye: Reloaded claims 16th on its debut.
Other new entries include Dinsey Universe (25th) and THQ’s Let’s Draw (33rd). Microsoft’s The Gunstringer finally enters the charts (40th) while Kinect Sports: Season Two actually climbs six positions (12th).
Here’s the Top 20 for the week ending November 5th:
1. Battlefield 3 (EA)
2. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (Sony)
3. FIFA 12 (EA)
4. Batman: Arkham City (Warner)
5. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
6. Football Manager 2012 (Sega)
7. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
8. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
9. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
10. Sonic Generations (Sega)
11. F1 2011 (Codemasters)
12. Kinect Sports
13. PES 2012 (Konami)
14. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
15. Michael Jackson: The Experience (Ubisoft)
16. Goldeneye: Reloaded (Activision)
17. The Sims 3: Pets (EA)
18. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
19. Gears of War 3 (Microsoft)
20. Rage (Bethesda)