EA’s title does so despite a 13 per cent drop in sales – thanks in part to a strong performance from the PS3 SKU, which this week accounts for 49 per cent of the game’s overall sales.
A fresh pouring of Wii consoles onto the UK High Street sees Nintendo’s Wii Play climb two places to second spot thanks to an 87 per cent sales hike, whilst Activision’s Call of Duty 4 holds on tightly to third spot.
ChartTrack thanks some cost-cutting High Street deals for WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008’s re-entry into the Top Ten in eighth spot, whilst Nintendo’s Wii racer Donkey Kong: Jet Race climbs 22 places to number 11.
The only new entry in the Top 40 this week is Microsoft’s Xbox 360 action-RPG Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom at 33.
The ChartTrack All Formats Top 10 in full:
1. Burnout Paradise (EA)
2. Wii Play (Nintendo)
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
4. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo)
5. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (Nintendo)
6. FIFA 08 (EA)
7. More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
8. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (THQ)
9. Assassin’s Creed (Ubisoft)
10. The Simpsons Game (EA)