It’s a very different looking Top 40 this week, with 12 new games in the charts.
Critically acclaimed shooter Crysis 2 takes the No.1 spot, beating off stiff competition from 3DS software and LEGO Star Wars III, the latter making No.2. This means THQ’s Homefront has dropped slightly down the charts to third place.
The biggest selling 3DS game of the week is Capcom’s Super Street Fighter IV in fourth spot, Pilotwings managed No.6, Rayman 3D reached No.9, Super Monkey Ball 3D at No.14.
Other 3DS titles in the list includes Ridge Racer 3D at No.15, Pro Evo hit No.18, Nintendogs + Cats is at No.20, while Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars reached No.34 and Splinter Cell 3D debuts at No.39.
Also new this week is a brand new Sims PC title, The Sims: Medieval, which reached No.8.
Gfk Chart-Track Top 40 in full:
1. Crysis 2 (EA)
2. LEGO Star Wars III (LucasArts)
3. Homefront (THQ)
4. Super Street Fighter IV 3D (Capcom)
5. Pokemon White (Nintendo)
6. Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo)
7. Pokemon Black (Nintendo)
8. The Sims Medieval (EA)
9. Rayman 3D (Ubisoft)
10. FIFA 11 (EA)
11. Fight Night Champion (EA)
12. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
13. Dragon Age II (EA)
14. Super Monkey Ball 3D (Sega)
15. Ridge Racer 3D (Namco Bandai)
16. Killzone 3 (Sony)
17. The Sims 3 (EA)
18. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Konami)
19. Top Spin 4 (2K Games)
20. Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever (Nintendo)