The excitement of Euro 2012 has no doubt played a big part in FIFA 12’s return to the top of the UKIE GfK Chart-Track this week.
It would be fascinating to know how many of those customers forked out the additional £15 for the Euro 2012 DLC, too.
It’s the ninth No.1 FIFA 12 has claimed and the first time it has topped the listings since late January. The game has never been outside of the Top Five.
Warner Bros’ new action outing Lollipop Chainsaw claimed fourth place in its debut week, thanks in part to its competitive price on the High Street. Sony’s Vita-only action title Gravity Rush manages 11th in its debut week.
Here’s the UK Top 20 in full for the week ending June 16th:
1. FIFA 12 (EA)
2. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
3. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
4. Lollipop Chainsaw (Warner Bros)
5. Battlefield 3 (EA)
6. Diablo III (Blizzard)
7. Game of Thrones (Koch Media)
8. Sniper Elite V2 (505 Games)
9. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
10. Dirt Showdown (Codemasters)
11. Gravity Rush (Sony)
12. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
13. FIFA Street (EA)
14. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
15. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (EA)
16. Dragon’s Dogma (Capcom)
17. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
18. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
19. Mass Effect 3 (EA)
20. Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros)