FIFA 09 achieves this feat despite a 41 per cent drop in sales. Activision Blizzard’s WWII shooter also sees retail activity slump – though the 50 per cent drop still sees it finish 5,000 unit sales ahead of EA’s Need for Speed: Undercover, which sticks firm in third spot.
Guitar Hero: World Tour has a strong week, climbing from seventh spot to fourth, whilst predecessor Guitar Hero III also climbs from 17th to 11th. Ubisoft’s Far Cry 2 enjoys a resurgence, re-entering the top ten in seventh place, whilst Nintendo’s 100 Classic Book Collection enters the top 40 for the first time in 27th spot.
The ELSPA Gfk-ChartTrack Top 10 in full (week ending January 3rd):
1. FIFA 09 (EA)
2. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)
3. Need for Speed: Undercover (EA)
4. Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)
5. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
6. Wii Play (Nintendo)
7. Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)
8. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
9. Quantum of Solace (Activision Blizzard)
10. Sonic Unleashed (Sega)