Microsoft’s race simulator Forza Motorsport 4 has debuted at No.1 in the UKIE Gfk Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 this week.
It was a close-run race with EA’s FIFA 12, however, with Microsoft’s game claiming the top spot by just 700 units thanks to a 62 per cent week-on-week drop in units for EA’s sports titles.
In the process, Forza 4 claimed the prize of the fastest selling racing game ever on Xbox 360.
Ubisoft’s Just Dance 3 gets amongst it with a third place debut, charting one spot ahead of Bethesda’s Rage. Konami’s PES 2012 claims fifth in its first week.
Other new chart entries include Alternative Software’s Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge (10th), Namco Bandai’s Ace Combat: Assault Combat (12th), Capcom’s Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (14th), Activision’s Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (16th) and, right at the foot of the listings, Activision’s Spider-Man: Edge of Time (39th).
Here’s the UK Top 20 for the week ending October 15th 2011 in full:
1. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
2. FIFA 12 (EA)
3. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
4. Rage (Bethesda)
5. PES 2012 (Konami)
6. Gears of War 3 (Microsoft)
7. Dark Souls (Namco Bandai)
8. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
9. F1 2011 (Codemasters)
10. Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge (Alternative Software)
11. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
12. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (Namco Bandai)
13. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
14. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (Capcom)
15. Dead Island (Deep Silver)
16. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
17. Resistance 3 (Sony)
18. Driver: San Francisco (Ubisoft)
19. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
20. Rugby World Cup 2011 (505 Games)