EA’s Mass Effect 3 has made a strong debut at the top of the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 this week.
It amassed more sales that 2012’s four previous No.1’s – SSX, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, UFC Undisputed 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
It also smashed the combined week one sales of both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. And this, of course, is despite that fact that game wasn’t stocked at the UK’s biggest games retailer.
There are three other new releases entering the listings this week, too – Capcom’s Street Fighter X Tekken (3rd), EA’s The Sims 3: Showtime (6th) and Sony’s PlayStation Vita shooter Unit 13 (15th). Konami's new release Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D failed to chart.
Here’s the UK Top 20 in full for the week ending March 10th:
1. Mass Effect 3 (EA)
2. SSX (EA)
3. Street Fighter X Tekken (Capcom)
4. FIFA 12 (EA)
5. Mario Party 9 (Nintendo)
6. The Sims 3: Showtime (EA)
7. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
9. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
10. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
11. Rayman Origins (Ubisoft)
12. Battlefield 3 (EA)
13. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
14. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
15. Unit 13 (Sony)
16. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Sony)
17. UFC Undisputed 3 (THQ)
18. Batman: Arkham City (Warner)
19. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
20. Rage (Bethesda)