There were four high-profile new entries in the Top Ten of the ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 40 this week, but it was Konami’s Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 that emerged as the chart victor claiming top spot.
In second place is another debutant – Microsoft’s Forza Motorsport 3. The racing sim manages to outperform EA’s FIFA 10, which after a month on the market finally relinquishes its grip on the top spot, dropping to third.
There are two other new entries in the Top Ten – THQ’s WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 in fifth and 2K Games’ shooter-RPG hybrid Borderlands in seventh.
Elsewhere in the Top 40, Sony’s PS3 outing Eyepet debuts strongly in 18th.
Here’s the ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top Ten in full (for the week ending October 24th):
1. Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 (Konami)
2. Forza Motorsport 3 (Microsoft)
3. FIFA 10 (EA)
4. Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (Sega)
5. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (THQ)
6. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Sony)
7. Borderlands (2K Games)
8. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
9. Need for Speed: Shift (EA)
10. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Codemasters)