The title makes it a football one-two-three, with EA’s FIFA 08 holding on to second spot for another week and Sega’s Football Manager 2008 dropping two spots to third.
Nintendo’s The Legend Of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass clings on to fourth position, despite stiff competition from THQ’s Disney/Pixar movie adaptation Ratatouille, which climbs two spots to fifth.
The second highest new entry in the chart is Nintendo’s Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on Wii, which lands in seventh place.
The full chart reads:
1) Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
2) FIFA 08 (EA)
3) Football Manager 2008 (Sega)
4) Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo)
5) Ratatouille (THQ)
6) The Orange Box (EA)
7) Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo)
8) Halo 3 (Microsoft)
9) High School Musical: Makin’ The Cut! (Disney)
10) Cooking Mama (505 Games)