While EA’s mega-selling football franchise takes second spot, it’s an impressive first week for THQ’s gangster title Saints Row 2, which is the second highest entry of the week.
The release of Bioshock on PS3 boosts 2K’s critically-acclaimed thriller back up the charts to 14, while Wii exclusive De Blob makes it first appearance in the ELSPA/GfK-ChartTrack top 40 at number 29.
So, the top ten sellers for the week ending October 18th, courtesy of ELSPA/GfK-ChartTrack, are as follows:
1. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)
2. FIFA ’09 (EA)
3. Saints Row 2 (THQ)
4. LEGO Batman: The Videogame
5. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
6. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
7. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (LucasArts)
8. Wii Play (Nintendo)
9. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2009 (EA)
10. Brothers in Arms: Hells’ Highway (Ubisoft)