The new releases are coming thick and fast but nothing this week is able to stop FIFA 12 claiming its second No.1 of the year in the UKIE Gfk Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.
Incredibly, FIFA 12’s second week on the market is so big as to claim 13th in the all-time weekly unit sales chart, despite a 68 per cent week-on-week drop in sales.
Second place is grabbed by Bethesda’s long-awaited id shooter Rage, while third position is claimed by another chart debutant – Namco Bandai’s Dark Souls.
There are two other new entries this week, with 2K Sports’ NBA 2K12 entering the listings in 12th and Konami’s El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron finally hits the Top 40, a month on from its UK release.
Here’s the Top 20 for the week ending October 8th 2011:
1. FIFA 12 (EA)
2. Rage (Bethesda)
3. Dark Souls (Namco Bandai)
4. Gears of War 3 (Microsoft)
5. F1 2011 (Codemasters)
6. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
7. Dead Island (Deep Silver)
8. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix)
9. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
10. Resistance 3 (Sony)
11. Driver: San Francisco (Ubisoft)
12. NBA 2K12 (2K Sports)
13. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine )THQ)
14. Rugby World Cup 2011 (505 Games)
15. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
16. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
17. Ico & Shadow of the Colossus (Sony)
18. Cars 2 (Disney)
19. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Warner)
20. The Sims 3 (EA)