The tactical shooter records 77 per cent of its sales on Xbox 360 (the remainder on PlayStation 3) and is the fourth fastest selling 360 game in the UK. Other number one’s in the Clancy series includes Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Rainbow Six Lockdown and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2.
This means the ever-present Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games has to settle with second place, despite a 60 per cent jump in sales. The game is one of two Sega titles in the top ten, with Sega Superstars Tennis at number ten.
On the subject of ever-present titles, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare rises again from fifth to third, whereas Guitar Hero III jams up into fourth.
Finally, it’s been a better second week for Vivendi’s The Spiderwick Chronicles, with its first top 40 showing at number 24. Whereas Easter promotions for Cooking Mama and Resistance Fall of Man sees the titles return top the top 40 at number 29 and 30.
The ChartTrack All Formats Top 10:
1. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Ubisoft
2. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
4. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Activision)
5. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (Nintendo)
6. Carnvial: Funfair Games (Take 2)
7. Wii Play (Nintendo)
8. Army of Two (EA)
9. FIFA 08 (EA)
10. Sega Superstars Tennis (Sega)