EA’s The Sims 3 has wrestled the top spot from UFC 2009: Undisputed, marking the second time a PC game has topped the charts this year.
Sega’s Empire: Total War enjoyed the same success back in February, which was the first PC No. 1 since Football Manager back in 2007.
Yet it wasn’t just The Sims grabbing the headlines this week, as the PC game was raced all the way by THQ’s Red Faction: Guerrilla, which debuts in second spot.
Other new entries this week includes Codemasters’ Fuel in 12th position, Koch’s Sacred 2: Fallen Angel in at No. 15 and Square Enix’s Star Ocean: The Last Hope 18th place.
The ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 10 in full (for the week ending June 6th):
1. The Sims 3 (EA)
2. Red Faction: Guerrilla (THQ)
3. UFC 2009: Undisputed (THQ)
4. EA Sports Active (EA)
5. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
6. InFamous (Sony)
7. Pokémon Platinum (Nintendo)
8. Guitar Hero: Metallica (Activison Blizzard)
9. Virtua Tennis 2009 (Sega)
10. Terminator Salvation (Warner)