Activision Blizzard’s Call of Duty: World at War and EA’s Need for Speed: Undercover remain in second and third spots, though Nintendo’s Wii Fit jumps an impressive 16 places to climb from 20th to fourth spot.
The only other new entry in this week’s Top 10 is LucasArts’ LEGO Indiana Jones, which climbs from 17th to ninth. The rest of the list is familiar – with Wii Play in fifth (up one from last week), Guitar Hero: World Tour in sixth (down two), Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games at number seven (also down two places), Bond outing Quantum of Solace in eighth (up by one spot) and Mario Kart Wii in tenth position (again down by two places).
Elsewhere in the Top 40, Nintendo’s 100 Classic Book Collection jumps ten positions to number 17, whilst Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare also sees impressive gains – it’s up from 38th to 21st.
There are also re-entries for EA’s Left 4 Dead and THQ’s Saints Row 2, which claim 37th and 40th respectively.
The UK ELSPA Gfk-ChartTrack All Formats Top 40 in full (week ending January 10th 2009):
1. FIFA 09 (EA)
2. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)
3. Need for Speed: Undercover (EA)
4. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
5. Wii Play (Nintendo)
6. Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)
7. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
8. Quantum of Solace (Activision Blizzard)
9. LEGO Indiana Jones (LucasArts)
10. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)