Heavy promotion on TV and the small matter of an accompanying blockbuster movie help Activision’s Traveller’s Tales-developed action title to fight off the march of Pokemon on DS. Both the Diamond and Pearl SKUs drop 40 per cent in sales this week, ending up at number two and seven respectively.
Among the bounty of Nintendo-published titles in the chart this week, Mario Party 8 is the highest climber, up four places to reach number five.
And the Nintendo success story continues with this week’s highest entry Trauma Center: Second Opinon, which reaches number 17 in its first week on sale. Ubisoft’s cutesy film-tie in Surf’s Up is the only other title to make waves – breaking into the top 40 for the first time in its second week at number 11.
So, this week’s all formats top ten, courtesy of ChartTrack, goes like this:
1. Transformers: The Game (Activision)
2. Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo)
3. Wii Play (Nintendo)
4. More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
5. Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
6. Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix (Electronic Arts)
7. Pokemon Pearl (Nintendo)
8. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
9. Cooking Mama (505 Games)
10. New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
For the full top forty, take a look at ChartTrack’s official listings