Nintendo’s exercise outing has never held onto the top spot for more than one week, and only just pipped Activision Blizzard’s Call of Duty: World at War, which sold just 1,262 units less.
EA’s brand new Pandemic-developed Lord of the Rings: Conquest enjoys a very strong debut, claiming third place in its first week in the charts, though the top three is tight – just 2,500 sales separate Wii Fit and the Tolkien-themed battler.
Elsewhere in the charts, 2K Play’s Carnival: Funfair Games re-enters the Top Ten at number nine, whilst Activision Blizzard’s James Bond shooter Quantum of Solace falls the other way – dropping out of the top ten to 12th. There are also re-entries for Microsoft’s Halo 3 (29th) and Sony’s Resistance 2 (39th).
The ELSPA Gfk-ChartTrack All Formats Top 40 in full (for the week ending Jan 17th):
1. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
2. Call of Duty: World at War (Activision Blizzard)
3. The Lord of the Rings: Conquest (EA)
4. FIFA 09 (EA)
5. Wii Play (Nintendo)
6. Need for Speed: Undercover (EA)
7. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
8. Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)
9. Carnival: Funfair Games (2K Play)
10. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (Nintendo)