The action title debuted in second position last week, but has leapfrogged COD4 at the top – no doubt helped by some splendid specialist press reviews.
Activision’s shooter lies in second, followed by EA’s Need For Speed ProStreet in third – the second week in a row the game has taken the slot.
Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed moves up from fifth to fourth, doing a straight swap with EA’s FIFA 08, which drops one place.
The full top ten for the week ending December 15th reads:
1) Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Sony
2) COD4: modern Warfare Activision
3) Need For Speed: ProStreet EA
4) Assassin’s Creed Ubisoft
5) FIFA 08 EA
6) WWE SmackDown! Vs Raw 2008 THQ
7) Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Konami
8) Singstar Sony
9) Medal Of Honor: Airborne EA
10) Kane & Lynch: Dead Men Eidos