Sales of digitally downloaded games on Microsoft’s Xbox Live Arcade in the US reached a record high of $10.6m last month, finishing ahead of February’s $6.8m.
This caused a 41 per cent year-on-year sales increase, according to a report by Forecasting and Analysing Digital Entertainment (FADE).
Topping the sales was action strategy title Toy Soldiers with 209,000 downloads followed by Rare’s remake of N64’s Perfect Dark with 161,000.
March’s best-selling Xbox Live Arcade titles are as follows:
1. Toy Soliders - $3.14m (209k units sold)
2. Perfect Dark - $1.61m (161,000)
3. Trials HD - $0.8m (53,000)
4. Battlefield 1943 - $0.56m (37,000)
5. Castle Crashers - $0.51m (34,000)
6. Hasbro Family Game Night - $0.32m (32,000)
7. Scrap Metal - $0.27m (18,000)
8. Marvel vs. Capcom - $0.25m (25,000)
9. Shadow Complex - $0.2m (13,000)
10. Magic: The Gathering - $0.16m (16,000)