San Bruno, CA - March 26, 2013 - A new game called 16 Bit Arena is now available on six stores-- Amazon.com, GreenManGaming.com (soon), Desura.com, ShinyLoot.com, IndieCity.com, and IndieVania.com-- and has been submitted to Steam through its Greenlight process as well. Just released this week, the game is already announcing its first update: character creation.
The game's existing features are described as:
- Fight in turn-based multiplayer battles up to 9v9 with the old school graphics you've been missing!
- Enter battle as a Warrior, Mage, Rogue, or Healer of either gender, and use a card to transform into any of 16 characters, combining their stats and abilties with your class's!
- Elemental properties for every character; collect gems that let you choose yours, and cast its magic!
- Gain Charge during battle to do more damage, boost specific stats, and more-- or just save your turns for later and pummel an enemy all at once!
- A rockingly awesome soundtrack!
- Journey through eight intense Trials to gain cards and gems for use in the Arena!
- Enjoy the 2-player tactical-RPG-style Card Game-- a great additional game on its own, it lets you earn cards and gems too!
- Site includes a webcomic, updated weekly, featuring the eight Paladins from the game!
With character creation, you'll be able to make characters look how you want and do what you want. Perhaps you'll be able to make yours resemble your favorite RPG hero, with a sword bigger than even your spiky yellow hair; or perhaps like Barack Obama, healing with an ability you call ObamaCare.
For now, with features like strategizing in large battles to the tune of real guitar accompanying retro graphics, this is already a very one-of-a-kind and just plain fun game. The game's trailer, store listing, how-to-play info and screenshots may be seen at the 16bitarena.com website.
Josh "Psycrow" Cronkhite