FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New York, NY– August 26, 2009 – 2K Sports today announced that NBA® 2K10: Draft Combine , a download-only experience offering fans pre-season basketball excitement leading up to the launch of NBA 2K10 this fall, is now available for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. For the first time, NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will allow fans to create their own custom player and experience the on-court life of an NBA hopeful going through the NBA Draft Combine at the world-renowned ATTACK Athletics gym in Chicago.
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will be available on the PlayStation®Network for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system on September 3, 2009.
“We’re thrilled to provide this opportunity for fans to get an early taste of NBA competition before NBA 2K10 launches this fall,” said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K. "They will be able to build their own custom player from over 300 different signature customizations, and later use them in NBA 2K10's all-new My Player career mode that will allow fans to continue their journey to become an NBA legend."
Features of NBA 2K10: Draft Combine include:
· Chicago Bulls’ Derrick Rose as spokesman.
· Building custom players and increasing their NBA stock through a variety of challenging basketball drills and 5-on-5 games.
· Over 300 different signature customizations, including player-specific shooting animations, and dunk and dribble packages to give each created player his own unique personal style.
· Ability to strengthen all parts of the created player's game through a variety of drills, such as shooting, post offense and defense, attacking the basket, dribbling, challenging shots, and boxing out for rebounds to progress through the NBA Draft Combine.
· Organized games that allow players to gain valuable skill points by offering a variety of specific in-game objectives to be accomplished. A full analysis will be available for gamers to review their player's performance and strategize further improvement.
· All players created in NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will wear a special patch on their uniform throughout the rest of that player's career to denote that they have completed the NBA Draft Combine.
· Online leaderboards to track the highest ranking custom built players, so fans can gauge how their player stacks up against the competition.
· Opportunity to unlock special achievements on Xbox 360 and trophies for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
· Fans can take their custom built players from NBA 2K10: Draft Combine and use them in the all-new My Player career mode in NBA 2K10 launching this fall.
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, developed by Visual Concepts, is now available for Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 for 400 Microsoft Points in North America, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and India. The title will be available in North America and Korea on September 3, 2009 for the PlayStation®Network for PLAYSTATION 3 system for $4.99. For more information about NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, please visit www.2ksports.com/games/nba2k10dc.
2K Sports is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games for the PC, PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, which publishes its titles under 2K Games, 2K Sports and 2K Play. Take-Two also distributes software, hardware and accessories in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com .
The NBA and individual NBA member team identifications used on or in this product are trademarks, copyrighted designs and other forms of intellectual property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective NBA member teams and may not be used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of NBA Properties, Inc.© 2009 NBA Properties, Inc. All rights reserved.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.
"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION", "PS" Family logo and "PSP" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. PSP® system– Memory Stick Duo™ may be required (sold separately).
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our reliance on a primary distribution service provider for a significant portion of our products, our ability to raise capital if needed, risks associated with international operations, and the matters relating to the investigation by a special committee of our board of directors of the Company's stock option grants and the claims and proceedings relating thereto (including stockholder and derivative litigation and negative tax or other implications for the Company resulting from any accounting adjustments or other factors). Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2008, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," as updated in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2009, and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.