San Francisco, Calif. - September 21, 2009
The 3rd Annual Virtual Goods Summit, the premier online gaming event for companies and individuals involved in the virtual goods space, today announced ten more outstanding speakers and panelists. This new group of speakers consists of representatives from both domestic and international companies. The 3rd Annual Virtual Goods Summit will be held on October 29-30, 2009 at the Westin San Francisco Market Street in San Francisco, comprising a two day program with 19 informative sessions and more than 30 speakers.
The 3rd Annual Virtual Goods Summit kicks off with Virtual Goods University, a full day seminar featuring case studies and presentations designed for professionals new to the industry or those looking for additional insight into the virtual goods market. On day two, the Virtual Goods Summit will feature a full day of panels and lectures from industry experts from around the world, including an opening panel discussion with market leaders Min Kim of Nexon, David Wallerstein of Tencent, Bill Wang of Perfect World and Dai Watanabe of DeNA.
"This year, we have made it a priority to bring in more speakers from international companies,” said Charles Hudson, host of the 3rd Annual Virtual Goods Summit.“Our focus on the virtual goods market with a global perspective from leading companies in the industry makes the 3rd Annual Virtual Goods Summit a unique and noteworthy event.”
The ten newly announced speakers at the 3rd Annual Virtual Goods Summit will present the following sessions:
• Cary Rosenzweig of IMVU will share insights on managing and marketing a user-generated virtual goods offering.
• Steve Meretzky of Playdom and Keith Rabois of Slide will both join a panel discussion on virtual goods and social networks.
• Justin Smith of Inside Social Games will present an overview of key trends in the US virtual goods market.
• Steven Goh of mig33 will join a panel discussion on the global perspective for virtual goods.
• Vikas Gupta of Jambool (Social Gold) will present best practices in launching virtual currencies.
• Kevin Xu of IGG will join a panel discussion on MMOs and virtual worlds.
• Benjamin Joffe of +8* will provide an overview of the Asian virtual goods market.
• Renata Dionello of PayPal and Anu Shukla of Offerpal Media will both join a panel discussion on payment infrastructures for virtual goods.
Panel discussions, lectures, and presentations at the 3rd Annual Virtual Goods Summit are designed to be informative, fun, and full of actionable ideas and insights. Speakers will focus on a variety of topics ranging from why virtual goods are effective to the ins-and-outs of managing a virtual economy. Additional confirmed speakers include John Smedley of Sony Online Entertainment, Dave Etling of InComm, Nils-Holger Henning of Bigpoint GmbH, Andrew Trader of Zynga, Geoff Cook of MyYearbook, David Marcus of Zong, Jameson Hsu of Mochi Media, John Earner of Playfish, Tim Chang of Norwest Venture Partners, and Ron Hirson of BOKU.
The 3rd Annual Virtual Goods Summit will also provide numerous business networking opportunities throughout each day for summit attendees, including a Networking Reception on Thursday, October 29 and an After-Party hosted by Offerpal Media on Friday, October 30.
For more information on the 3rd Annual Virtual Goods Summit, please visit: http://www.vgsummit.com/2009
Early bird tickets are still available to purchase now through September 29! To register for the event, please visit: http://vgsummit2009-3rdlist.eventbrite.com?=R1
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/vgsummit
Be a Fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Virtual-Goods-Summit/234057065290
About the Virtual Goods Summit
The 3rd Annual Virtual Goods Summit is brought to you by 3rd Power LLC, the team behind the Virtual Goods Summit 2008, Virtual GoodsSummit 2007, Social Gaming Summit 2009, Social Gaming Summit 2008, and the iGames Summit. 3rd Power LLC strives to develop events that bring Internet and social media professionals together to exchange ideas and make new connections.
Kate Pietrelli, TriplePoint