For Immediate Release
Staten Island, NY, November 25th, 2008– Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com), Tri Synergy ( www.trisynergy.com) and GFI ( www.gfi.su) are thrilled to release another tactical gameplay video for Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge. Like the first trailer, this video shows off some of the tactical action found in Hired Guns: Cold cash or quick wits can get the player almost everything but when all else fails, there’s always brute force to get the point across. In the latest video, a small group of well-armed mercenaries is met with the same situation– and it doesn’t work out well for their enemies.
The video is available for viewing at YouTube or for download in higher quality.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said“Hired Guns has been hotly awaited by tactical fans for some time. Matrix Games is proud to be working with Tri Synergy in bringing this brilliant blend of strategy and tactical action to gamers everywhere.”
Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge is a turn-based strategy that puts you command of a squad of specialists for hire in the genre’s biggest game-world yet: the African country Diamond Coast. Diamond Coast is a playground for the cruel and corrupt, each with their own agenda. Choose your friends wisely and buy an army of ruthless mercenaries to unleash mayhem on your foes. Choose“jobs” from different factions and complete them for cash to upgrade your weapons and hire more elite soldiers of fortune.
Tons of firepower and plenty of combat experience will give your team the edge when it comes to fighting, but smooth talk and a wad of bills can also go a long way towards ensuring success. With multiple story lines and endings, you’re in total control of your own fate.
• Ally with up to four different factions for unique bonuses.
• Crush your enemies with over 150 upgradeable weapons.
• Hire over 30 mercenaries with various specialties and skills.
• Destroy everything in your path with a fully interactive world and realistic physics.
• Gain territory with brains, brawn or cold hard cash.
• Determine your own fate with multiple storylines and endings
• Train your mercenaries to becomes experts at their craft or create all-around soldiers effective at every facet of combat.
• Attach special equipment to weapons like laser sights, scopes, grenade launches, and more to maximize their lethality.
• Smooth talk your enemies into working for you with the right combination of intimidation, wisdom, and money.
• Survey terrain and buildings in a fully 3D tactical mode. Zoom up close and personal to your mercenaries or back from the action to get a larger picture of the battle.
• Complete side missions to gain extra cash or loyalty
• Upgrade captured territories with extra defense or squeeze more cash from them with new facilities and upgrades.
Get more information on Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge from its official product page.
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published over three dozen titles and several award-winning games, including War in the Pacific, Conquest of the Aegean, Gary Grigsby's World At War: A World Divided, Crown of Glory, Battles In Normandy, Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare, Starshatter: The Gathering Storm and The Operational Art of War III. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.
(Additional box art and other art assets, including flat and 300+ dpi box images, are available from the Matrix Games Press Media Area“Media” section)