13 May 2010 Vancouver, BC Decapod Studios, an independent game development company, announces the release of Murphid, now available for download on XBOX Live Indie Games channel. In Murphid players must use their puzzle solving skills and fast reaction to withstand attack of gorgeous marble hordes and bring those beasts under control. Deep, yet simple core game mechanics coupled with astonishing graphics, immersive sound effects and adaptive gameplay result in intense climatic moments that modern gamers have come to expect. Murphid has been optimized for XBOX Live platform, works flawlessly with XBOX controllers, and looks dazzling in high definition.
Among game's features are:
• Engaging Campaign spawning more than 70 levels of marble blasting madness
• Three game modes for players to choose from to suit their playing style.
• More than 10 powerups to help players redefine the game field and wreak havoc in a blink of an eye.
• 8 Exclusive Awards to boost the replay value further by throwing extra challenges at the player.
• Pre-filled Leaderboards to give the game nostalgic, old-school touch.
• Awe-inspiring 720p HD visuals with full widescreen support
• Charming sound effects to create the ambience.
• Adaptive gameplay technology for challenging and fun gaming experience for players of all ages.
"We are very excited to share the joy of Murphid with gaming community and hope everyone will have as much fun playing Murphid as we had developing it. I hope you dig it!", says Dennis Brandis, Decapod Studios' Managing Director.
Murphid is available on XBOX Live Indie Games channel for 240 MS points (approx $2.99) in the following countries: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom and United States.
For more details, screenshots and game trailer please visit:
About Decapod Studios
Decapod Studios is a professional game development studio based in Vancouver, BC. Founded in 2009 by industry veterans Dennis Brandis and Roman Kitainik, the Studio develops downloadable titles for XBOX360, PC and iPhone platforms, the motto being 'Get your kicks from letting others get theirs'. For further information please visit www.decapodstudios.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Press Contact/Review Codes/General Inquires