Starting Wednesday, 4th August, PlayStation ® Network users across Europe will get to experience powered-up racing in the demo of Activision‘s Blur TM – and get a chance to win a BMW 125i series car!
Celebrating the launch of the Blur multiplayer demo on PlayStation Network, all qualifying PlayStation3 users who download the Blur demo, available now on PlayStation Network, will be in the running for a racing experience like no other and a chance to win a BMW sports car.
The Blur event will be taking place from 4th August to 25th August. All qualifying players who download and play the demo and rank up to level 5 or higher, will be entered into a sweepstake to win a brand new BMW 125i coupé equipped with sporty BMW Performance accessories. The BMW 1 Series coupé in alpine white is very much tailor-made for sportiness and dynamics - from the muscular front right up to the powerful rear. The six-cylinder in-line engine under the hood of the BMW 125i delivers 160 kW (218 PS) and accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in a mere 6.4 seconds– moreover it is equipped with various products from BMW’s very own racing-inspired BMW Performance accessory line, providing ideal driving dynamics.
The details at a glance:
- The Blur demo has been available from 14th July on PlayStation Network in selected EU countries and the CIS
- The sweepstake will be run on PlayStation Network from 4th August to 25th August - all qualifying players who download and play the Blur demo ranking up to level 5 are eligible
- The main prize is a BMW 125i coupé equipped with sporty BMW Performance accessories. Three runners-up will receive a full copy of Blur for PlayStation3
- Minimum age of participation: 18 years
- A fully rendered 3D model of the BMW Tii concept car can be seen in PlayStation Home (Home Square)
- Full Terms&Conditions available at www.eu.playstation.com/blurcompetitionterms.com
About Blur TM
Blur TM is the ultimate powered-up racing experience, dropping players into heart-pumping, electrified action with multiple cars trading paint as they charge towards the finish line. Drivers careen through real-world track locations packed with fast curves, sneaky alternate routes and hair-raising jumps in over 50 licensed cars as they collect intense Power-ups, including the ability to blast other cars out of the way with huge bursts of energy, boost their speed, and more. For the ultimate multiplayer racing gameplay experience, Blur offers a first in the racing genre with up to 20 players online at the same time, a progressive ranking system that rewards gamers the more they play, objective based race events, and if that weren’t enough, Blur brings back a fan favourite with 4-player split-screen gameplay.
© 2010 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision is a registered trademark and Blur is a trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc.
Screens are also available to download from the Activision press site. Please register at www.activisionpress.co.uk
For all enquiries, please contact: