18th April 2008
TrackMania United Forever, the long awaited sequel to the award winning extreme car racing PC game TrackMania United, will be released this summer. Build outrageous tracks as you defy gravity and compete at breakneck speeds with opponents worldwide.
To get the heart racing and a taste of what the latest version of TrackMania has to offer, you can download TrackMania Nations Forever for free at www.trackmania.com, courtesy of Ascaron, FHI and Nadeo.
The TrackMania racing series has transformed the racing genre, setting records in a variety of areas that have raised expectations for the new TrackMania United Forever edition:
• Biggest online race– 132 players took part in a single time trial race
• Largest content base of any racing game– The TrackMania Exchange website has over 150,000 user created tracks and over 200 unique cars
• First publicly available game developed specifically for an online competition TrackMania Nations was developed for the 2006 Electronic Sports World Cup and made available for free online. It has been downloaded over 30 million times
• Most nationalities in an offline racing competition– 34 nations entered the TrackMania event at the 2007 Electronic Sports World Cup
• Most popular online racing sim– The TrackMania series has over 3 million online registrations
• Most popular user created video– A trailer created by a TrackMania fan using in-game offstage has been viewed over 2 million times at GameTrailers.com
*Records taken from Guinness World Records 2008: Gamer’s Edition.
TrackMania United Forever will be released in retail this summer. Join the community and start setting your own records now by downloading the free, fully playable TrackMania Nations Forever.
Visit www.trackmania.com to download TrackMania Nations Forever.
- Download the TrackMania Nations Forever Trailer (90 MB)
- Download the press kit (new images, logos&photos) (10 MB)
- Watch the trailer (streaming)
- TrackMania Web site
Publisher: Ascaron Entertainment / Focus Home Interactive
Release date: May 2008
PEGI: 3+ (Expected)
About Ascaron Entertainment
From Day One in 1989 Ascaron Entertainment has become one of the leading European“boutique” developers and Publishers of games for the PC, with many successful titles including Patrician, Port Royale, DarkStar One and SACRED.
Ascaron maintains development studios in Berlin, Gutersloh and Aachen (Germany), as well as an international department in Birmingham (UK). Ascaron currently markets its products in more than 40 countries and over 15 languages.
Ascaron Entertainment (UK) is an independent office and is highly regarded on a domestic and global scale. With a professional reputation, full-service product management, and a wealth of experience in the games industry, the UK operation manages the international releases of Ascaron's entire catalogue, whilst also providing a bespoke publishing, sales, PR and marketing function to selected affiliate label partners. Ascaron Entertainment (UK) continues to be responsible for successfully launching titles into the UK market from developers and publishers worldwide. Titles include the popular UFO, Panzers, Cossacks and Blitzkrieg seriesof games, as well as critically acclaimed hits such as Call of Juarez, TrackMania United, and City Life 2008.
About Focus Home Interactive
Founded in 1996, Focus Home Interactive is a French publishing and distribution company based near Paris, France. Known for the diversity, quality and originality of its catalogue, Focus now publishes and distributes many of its titles throughout Europe and also world-wide in both boxed retail and digital distribution formats. The last five years have been very successful for Focus in France, with many of its PC licenses becoming top-sellers. Focus has also published several original titles, including the adventure game Runaway, the renowned Cycling Manager and the much-loved TrackMania. The coming months will be exciting and full of surprises with the release of high-quality games such as Blood Bowl, TrackMania DS, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, Sherlock Holmes and sport games dedicated to major events such as the America’s Cup or the Tour de France.
For further press information please contact:
Stephen Denton / Matt King
T: +44 (0)1225 731388