ALEXANDRIA, Va.– Jan. 21, 2010– A world full of adventure, danger and intrigue awaits, as Alawar Entertainment, one of the world’s leading publishers of casual games, announces Joan Jade and the Gates of Xibalba available now on PCs worldwide. Download this perilous adventure only at www.alawar.com/game/joan-jade-and-the-gates-of-xibalba for the terrifyingly low price of only $9.95.
Her children have suddenly disappeared and the police have no leads. But Joan Jade, archaeologist of the year and mother extraordinaire, wastes no time in getting hot on the trail to recover her missing kids. What she soon discovers is that a dangerous jungle, mysterious Mayan ruins and a gang of relentless thugs all stand between her and being reunited with her beloved son and daughter. Players join Joan in this mystery-driven puzzle game, looking for clues scattered throughout the jungle and solving a slew of challenging brainteasers and other mini-games.
• Navigate through 30 different locations with over 80 puzzles to solve, with a trusty“hint” bar available to help you and Joan on her quest.
• Discover beautifully-animated visuals, with over 200 objects to uncover and behold.
• Solve a slew of mind-bending puzzles and mini-games, including challenges that test your memory, critical thinking and cognitive skills.
• Carry up to 12 items in your inventory at a time, selecting the best to overcome each obstacle between Joan and her missing children.
• Collect 19 trophies for completing the various challenges throughout the adventure.
Joan Jade’s adventures are sure to appeal to an audience of all ages, with exciting puzzles and enticing game play that will draw players back into its mystical realm time and time again. Joan Jade and the Gates of Xibalba is currently available exclusively at www.alawar.com and will launch on other major download portals, including Big Fish Games, RealNetworks, Boonty and PlayFirst® later this month.
Purchase and download the full version
Download the trial version
Follow Alawar Entertainment on Twitter
About Alawar Entertainment: Founded in 1999, Alawar Entertainment specializes in the development, publication and distribution of casual games, reaching audiences in over 60 countries worldwide. The company is the leading distributor of casual titles in Eastern Europe and has published more than 200 casual PC games globally, including some of the industry's leading downloadable series like Farm Frenzy®, Craze® and The Treasures of Montezuma®. Alawar recently extended its offerings onto the iPhone™, PLAYSTATION®3, Nintendo DS™ and Mac® gaming platforms, and in 2010 plans to enter the social games and MMO markets as well as expand onto other leading-edge platforms. For more information, visit www.alawar.com.
Flash Fire Communications for Alawar’s PC titles in North America
Director, Marketing Communications and PR
+ 7 913-905-55-43