San Mateo, Calif.– April 2, 2007– Glu Mobile Inc. (NASDAQ: GLUU), a leading global publisher of mobile games, today announced the North American launch of the latest in the best-selling Age of Empires® franchise to come to mobile phones, Age of Empires® III Mobile. The title was developed and published through Glu’s worldwide partnership with Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) and is based on the award-winning real-time strategy (RTS) franchise for the PC developed by Ensemble Studios and published by Microsoft Game Studios.
Age of Empires III Mobile lets users experience the epic age of discovery by exploring the New World as they build and conquer rival colonies in pursuit of the ultimate empire. The mobile version includes a variety of historical battles in skirmish mode and the task of defending Malta from the Ottoman Empire in an extended campaign mode which serves as a prequel to the Age of Empires III PC game.
• Historically Immersive Setting– Play as the Knights of St. John to protect Western Europe from the Ottoman Empire
• Real-Time Strategy– Use battle strategy and resource management to conquer rival colonies and build the ultimate empire
• Home City– Similar to the PC game, use experience points gained in battle to obtain support cards from the home city for extra resources and units
• Depth of Gameplay– Hours of fun as you play through 15 campaign levels, with 11 different units and eight building types across three different ages
• Intuitive Controls– Innovative pause and command system provides extra infantry control
• Two Gameplay Modes– Skirmish and Campaign modes
Age of Empires III Mobile has received praise and critical acclaim overseas for its high quality and engaging game play:
•“At last, mobile gamers get a decent Age of Empires conversion. Fine resource management and a game so lengthy you’ll be engrossed for weeks,”– PocketGamer Silver Award
•“A very impressive real time strategy game that takes the genre to new heights on the mobile,”– Mobilegamefaqs.com
•“Age of Empires 3 succeeds where competing games fail: An intelligent control system for real-time strategy games on the phone,”– Airgamer Germany
The game is available now available via major wireless carriers in Europe, North and South America. For more information, visit www.glu.com.
About Glu Mobile
Glu (NASDAQ: GLUU) is a leading global publisher of mobile games. Its portfolio of top-rated games includes original titles Super K.O. Boxing!, Stranded and Brain Genius, and titles based on major brands from partners including Atari, Activision, Konami, Harrah's, Hasbro, Warner Bros., Microsoft, PlayFirst, PopCap Games, SEGA and Sony. Founded in 2001, Glu is based in San Mateo, Calif. and has offices in London, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Hong Kong, China, Sao Paulo and Chile. Consumers can find high-quality, fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the 'g' character logo or at www.glu.com.
# # #
GLU MOBILE, GLU, SUPER K.O. BOXING!, STRANDED, BRAIN GENIUS and the 'g' character logo are trademarks of Glu Mobile.
Microsoft, the Microsoft Game Studios logo, Age of Empires and Ensemble Studios are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.