Grenoble, France, January 22, 2013 – Samnites, the Senones, the Greeks and the Carthaginians were Romes first enemies and great leaders such as Pyrrhus and Hannibal fought to defend their lands. It was the start of an entire era of wars for domination, where innovation in military equipment was the key to success.
Birth of Rome is the new turn-based strategy game from Ageod ( www.ageod.com) telling the story of those first epic wars that led to the unification of Italy and started Rome’s quest for global domination. The game uses the acclaimed AGE engine and is developed using the game structure and mechanics of Alea Jacta Est.
Birth of Rome features five scenarios from the 3rd Samnite War in 298 and 291 BC to the long and arduous First Punic War that raged from 264 to 241 BC. Birth of Rome features a particular emphasis on fleets and sea power, as they were vital to ensure control of the seas and maritime supply. As a full standalone release, Birth of Rome does not require Alea Jacta Est.
Birth of Rome is a true simulation where players are challenged to create armies and fleets, organize and maneuver them, sustain and reinforce them. All the time taking into account military, economic, political and diplomatic parameters.
- The 3rd Samnite War opposing Rome and the Etruscan’s are the Samnite tribes between 298 and 291 BC, which will bring Rome control of central Italy.
- The Senones War (284 to 282 BC), a violent Gallic tribe in Northern Italy is at war with Rome. Victory against these powerful Celtic warriors allows the Romans to take their revenge against those who plundered Rome in 390 BC.
- Pyrrhic Victories (280 BC to 272 BC) where the Senate of Rome finally manages to capture Tarentum and southern Italy after repulsing one of the greatest ancient warrior kings, Pyrrhus of Epirus.
- The First Punic War, a very long campaign between 264 and 241 BC, pitting Rome against Carthage for the control of Sicily. A balanced struggle, focusing on naval operations. A shorter version starts in 256 BC.
- The Mercenary War (241 BC to 238 BC), a fight between an exhausted Carthage and her own rebellious mercenaries in Africa.
Ageod is part of the Slitherine Group
About the Slitherine Group
The Slitherine Group is the world’s leading producer and publisher of digital wargames and strategy games. Under the Slitherine ( www.slitherine.com), Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and Ageod ( www.ageod.com) brands it has published literally hundreds of games, with many award-winning titles in its portfolio and spanning all digital platforms, from home consoles to modern Smartphone’s and Tablets. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, board gaming and works with a wide array of key licensing partners, such as HISTORY®, MILITARY HISTORY®, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Buzz Aldrin Enterprises and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. Together the Group companies form the world’s largest organization specializing in this important and vibrant niche. The Slitherine Group’s mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in an ever expanding segment of the entertainment industry.