London, UK- May 28th, 2010 - Team17 Software is pleased to announce that Alien Breed: Impact is now available for pre-order via Steam today, May 28th 2010, before its full release on June 3rd 2010.Pre-order customers can enjoy a 10% discount and an exclusive in-game digital comic, chronicling the troubled back-story of the game's hero, Conrad, the doomed space vessel’s Chief Engineer.
A standalone free trial for Alien Breed: Impact will also be made available today, putting the player through their paces in a specially designed“Prologue” section. This can be played in single-player and in online co-op with a shooting buddy. To download the demo please visit http://store.steampowered.com/app/22610 and to check out the brand new trailer, please visit http://www.youtube.com/Team17SoftwareLtd .
Using Steam allows Team17 to distribute Alien Breed: Impact to a large audience with ultimate ease. Studio Head Martyn Brown had this to say:“We’re big fans of the many aspects offered by the system, including all the social/community features, quality networked games, leaderboards, achievements and more. Being able to maintain the products through painless updates and support our games directly will ultimately mean a far better PC gaming experience.”
• Alien Breed is back!– An action-packed mix of arcade-shooter, survival-horror and tactical weapons upgrades and customisation.
• Epic single-player story mode - The single-player campaign mode that follows the narrative of the game through five huge and challenging environments.
• Two-player co-operative play mode– Work together to defeat the alien horde across three specifically customised maps.
• Additional Steam online features - Quick Match, Create Game, Friends Lists, Voice Chat, Leader-boards and Co-operative Achievements.
• FREE TRIAL– The“Prologue” sample section– a specifically designed introduction to the game; play in either single-player or two-player online co-operative mode.
• NEW– Upgrades shop– Search fallen comrades and lockers to accumulate cash, and then tactically spend it on weapons/kit upgrades in the shop.
• NEW - Enemies– Re-imagined and improved Alien Breed enemies.
Alien Breed: Impact will retail on Steam at the following prices, dependant on region:
Steam Euro zone 1 -€14.99
Steam Euro zone 2 -€11.25
US - $14.99
About Alien Breed™:
Alien Breed™, recognized as one of the foremost Amiga games ever released, was launched in 1991, developed and published by Team17 Software Ltd. It proved an instant success, with the Special Edition version spending an incredible 33 unbroken weeks at the top of the UK Sales Charts. A sequel was released in 1993 (Alien Breed 2) and a 3D edition, both of which won numerous awards. The well-loved series had lain dormant for 14 years, until December 2009, when it arrived in stunning fashion with the production-heavy 'Alien Breed Evolution' on Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade achieving Christmas No. 2 sales position on Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade.
About Team17 Software Ltd.
Team17 Software Limited (Team 17), celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2010 and headquartered in West Yorkshire, England, is a leading independent developer and digital publishing company. Founded in 1990, the company develops and publishes interactive software worldwide for digital game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. More information about Team17 products can be found at www.team17.com.
The leading online platform for PC games and digital entertainment, Steam delivers new releases and online services to over 25 million PC users around the world. For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com.
Unreal® and Unreal Engine® are registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere.
For more information, please contact:
Team17 at Lunch PR
email@example.com - Tel: 020 7575 3215