Alienware and Bigfoot Networks have teamed up to deliver the next generation online gaming desktop PC for the holidays. Gamers can now order an Aurora™ Online Gaming Edition QuickShip Desktop<http://www.alienware.com/killernic_holiday> configured with the Killer NIC™ K1<http://www.killernic.com/products/default.aspx> , a network card that reduces lag and delivers smoother, more responsive online game play. The online gaming PC will ship within 48 hours after payment confirmation and validation, and is priced at $1899.
Aurora™ Online Gaming Edition Quick Ship Desktop features:
• AMD® Phenom™ X4 9950 Black Edition Quad Core 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache
• Alienware® P2 Chassis with AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling
• Killer NIC™ K1 Gaming Network Card, 333MHz NPU, 64MB DDR2
• ATI® Radeon® HD 4870
• 4GB DD2 Memory
Bigfoot Networks is promoting the Holiday QuickShip with giveaways on online community sites.
According to the inaugural“Horizons” research report sponsored by the PC Gaming Alliance<http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/en/index.asp> (PCGA):
• Online gaming is the fastest growing segment of the $10.7 billion gaming industry
• Online gaming accounted for $4.8 billion dollars in revenue, nearly double the worldwide retails sales for PC games.
The Killer NIC K1 is a high-performance network card designed specifically to improve online gaming performance.
• Improves responsiveness by bypassing the Windows® stack and reducing in-game ping
• Smoothes game play and increases frame rates by offloading network processing from the CPU to the NPU
• Features built-in gamer-grade Killer Hardware Firewall&Killer Hardware Bandwidth Control to manage and secure your gaming network with high-performance tools.
KillerNIC.com featuring Alienware Aurora Online Gaming Edition<http://www.killernic.com/buy/alienware.aspx>
Killer NIC Facebook Fan Page<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Killer-NIC/26367351841>
Alienware Aurora Online Gaming Edition Desktop<http://www.alienware.com/killernic_holiday>
Alienware Twitter Page<http://www.twitter.com/Alienware>
About Bigfoot Networks
Bigfoot Networks is an Austin, Texas-based technology company that is dedicated to developing groundbreaking networking hardware and software for gamers and computing enthusiasts. By creating solutions for this passionate and dedicated community, Bigfoot aims to support the rapidly growing online and competitive gaming markets. Powered by the company’s proprietary Lag and Latency Reduction (LLR™<http://www.killernic.com/technology/llr.aspx> ) technology, the Killer™ NIC is the industry's first network interface card (NIC) designed specifically to improve network performance for a smoother, more responsive online game experience. To learn more, visit Bigfoot Networks at www.killernic.com<http://www.killernic.com/> .
Alienware, Dell’s premier high-performance PC gaming brand, offers unique and award-winning computers that incorporate state–of–the–art components, innovative engineering and design, and unprecedented customer service. Alienware has been recognized worldwide as an industry leader in innovation and was ranked in PC World’s“The 25 Greatest PCs of All Time.” Alienware manufactures a diverse selection of customizable high-performance desktop and notebook systems that are targeted toward a broad range of customers, ranging from gamers to government agencies. Alienware systems are available direct within the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. For more information, please visit http://www.alienware.com<http://www.alienware.com> or call 1-800-ALIENWARE (254-3692).