dtp entertainment – Press Release 12/21/2011:
Hamburg, 12/21/2011 – Today, dtp entertainment and Ronimo Games revealed the sixth and final Awesomenaut to be included in the playable roster at launch: a mysterious brain-in-a-vat known as Voltar the Omniscient. Over 500 years ago, Voltar was a brilliant scientist who worked at an intergalactic power station. A sudden explosion destroyed nearly his entire body, leaving only his ingenious brain intact. This remnant was salvaged and carefully placed in a Braintank, preserving his mind for all time.
Throughout the years, and with the help of his loyal robot drones, Voltar made some nifty modifications to his Braintank that enabled him to participate in the newly erupted robot wars. No-one knows his true motives for participating in this conflict as a mercenary, but what can be assured is that he’s a mastermind with unmatched psychotechnic powers and an arsenal of armed robots that do his every bidding.
Though Voltar is the sixth and final playable character to be revealed for Awesomenauts before release, more characters will be added to the game over time after Awesomenauts has launched.
More info on Voltar and his abilities can be found on the official Awesomenauts Homepage: www.awesomenauts.com.
The Awesomenaut Showcase featuring Voltar can be found at
A trailer featuring extended gameplay footage of Voltar is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8tW4mUI8Dc.
The year is 3587, conflict spans the stars. Huge robot armies are locked in an enduring stalemate. At the centre is a team of elite mercenaries fighting for the spoils of war: The Awesomenauts.
Combining the gameplay of classic 2D-platforming titles with that of modern, fast-paced MOBA-games, Awesomenauts allows up to six players to battle against one-another across multiple alien worlds. Featuring a playable roster of six unique heroes, Awesomenauts brings ferocious team play and angry, lightsaber-wielding aliens together.
Awesomenauts will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network in February 2012.
· For the first time in galactic history, Awesomenauts will bring the popular MOBA genre to the 2D plane with rich, detailed environments!
· Adrenaline-pumping action with up to 3 players staining your couch, or 6 players online!
· A roster of six unique playable mercenaries, each featuring their own set of skills and upgrades!
· Advanced matchmaking options, which allow you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
· Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
· Face melting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!
PlayStation Network is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
LIVE Arcade is a registered trademark of the Microsoft group of companies.