LOVEFiLM, an Amazon company, has today announced the launch of its new and enhanced LOVEFiLM Instant streaming application for internet-connected devices, bringing a host of exciting new features to members.
Arriving first and available from today on the Sony Playstation®3 in the UK and Germany, the new app will be coming to all LOVEFiLM Instant enabled platforms.
New features include an improved search function and recommendation engine, making great content more accessible than ever before, and an optimised user interface that enhances the way members browse the latest films and TV shows.
Planning what to watch has also been made easier with the addition of the popular Watchlist feature, allowing members to create an unlimited streaming playlist that can be accessed anytime. The app also makes revisiting content simple, with a new display on the homepage keeping track of what content is currently being viewed and the last location reached in that video – making it easier to resume viewing from the same spot on any LOVEFiLM device.
In addition, LOVEFiLM Instant customers in both the UK and Germany can now experience the latest films and TV series in HD on the PS3® for the first time.
Simon Morris, Chief Marketing Officer at LOVEFiLM, said:
“With the new and improved LOVEFiLM Instant app launching on PS3 we continue to offer our members a market-leading viewing experience. The improved search engine, user interface and other improvements make discovering new content easier than ever before, whilst the addition of popular features such as the Watchlist allow members to plan their viewing around their busy schedules.”
Fergal Gara, Vice President and Managing Director for Sony Computer Entertainment UK and Ireland, said:
“LOVEFiLM has been a fantastic part of the services offering on PlayStation 3 since 2010. Now with a brand new improved app coming first to PlayStation 3 plus the addition of HD content, this is a huge enhancement to the PlayStation entertainment portfolio and even more relevant for our millions of UK customers.”
LOVEFiLM Instant is available on PC, Mac or via Nintendo Wii and Wii U, Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Playstation®3, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire, Apple iPad® and a growing number of Internet-connected TV sets and Blu-ray players, giving members immediate access to a huge range of films and TV shows from as little as £4.99 a month.
– Ends –
For further information please contact either the LOVEFiLM press office at Mischief on 020 3128 6600 / firstname.lastname@example.org, or the PlayStation press office on 0207 859 5469 / email@example.com
Links To Editors
Amazon’s LOVEFiLM announces next generation of streaming app
More information about PlayStation products can be found at www.playstation.com.
Notes To Editors
• LOVEFiLM is an Amazon company and is the leading European film and TV series subscription service with over 2 million members in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway
• LOVEFiLM has signed a number of film and TV content deals with major studios including Miramax, Twentieth Century Fox, NBC Universal, Marvel, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Disney, ABC, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, STUDIOCANAL and eOne
• LOVEFiLM members can enjoy the benefits of DVDs and Blu-rays delivered straight to their door with LOVEFiLM By Post giving them access to more than 70,000 titles and the very latest new releases
• LOVEFiLM Instant is available on over 280 Internet-enabled devices including PCs, PlayStation®3, iPad®, Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and Wii U, plus a growing number of Blu-Ray players and Internet-connected TVs including Sony, Samsung and LG
• LOVEFiLM is available for one low monthly price – with no late fees. Packages start from £4.99
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across Xbox 360, Xbox, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®2, Wii and DS
• For additional information including a breakdown of packages visit www.lovefilm.com
About Sony Computer Entertainment Europe:
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE), based in London, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and sales of PlayStation®2 (PS2®) computer entertainment system, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system, PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) portable entertainment system, and PlayStation®Network software and hardware in 109 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania. SCEE has revolutionised home entertainment since they launched PlayStation® in 1994. PS2® further enhances the PlayStation® legacy as the core of home networked entertainment. PSP® is a handheld entertainment system that allows users to enjoy 3D games with high-quality full-motion video and high-fidelity stereo audio. PS3® is an advanced computer system, incorporating the powerful Cell Broadband Engine and RSX processors. PS Vita is an ultimate portable entertainment system that offers a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context. SCEE also delivers the PlayStation® experience to open operating systems through PlayStation®Mobile, a cross device platform. SCEE also develops, publishes, markets and distributes entertainment software for these formats, and manages the third party licensing programs for the formats in these territories.
PlayStation, PS4, PS3, PS2 and PSP are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners