We all in Rain Games are happy to introduce you our beloved puzzle sidescroller game, Teslagrad! Last week we started a Greenlight project which is going full speed ahead, and today we are glad to show you a new trailer. Below you can find the first official action trailer as well, in case you missed it. The game is currently on an alpha stage of development, and will be released this fall (autumn 2013) for PC. Don't hesitate to ask us for a playable build if you'd like to play the game, as we are able to offer it at the time! We're working too on both MAC & Linux versions of the game, with no release date yet. This said, please enjoy the trailers!
New mood trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S3_IQAL1DQ
Would you prefer something more vibrant? Check out the action trailer.
Teslagrad is a puzzle platformer with action elements, where magnetism and other electromagnetic powers are the key to go throughout the game, and thereby discover the secrets kept in the long abandoned Tesla Tower. Gain new habilities to explore a non-linear world with more than 100 beautiful hand-drawn environments, in a steampunk-inspired vision of old Europe. You play as a young boy who suddenly finds himself embroiled in a long-forgotten conspiracy, involving the despotic king who has ruled the nation with an iron fist for several years. Jump into an outstanding adventure told through voiceless storytelling, writing your own part. Armed with ancient Teslamancer technology and your own ingenuity and creativity, your path lies through the decrepit Tesla Tower and beyond.
- Complex puzzles! Put your sense of logic to the test and cleverly manipulate the world around you using electricity and magnetism, the lifeblood of the game. Puzzles will range from “pff, that wasn't so bad” to keyboard-smashing, controller-chewing frustration.
- Explore! Make your way through rich 2D hand-drawn surroundings as you journey into — and beyond— Tesla Tower, as you discover and use amazing new items.
- Visual storytelling! Tired of all those words in your video games? Have no fear, Teslagrad features not a single snippet of text or squeak of dialogue. Everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don't see).
- Steampunk powered! Discover a dystopic and mind-blowing rainy-and-brainy setting, presenting a steampunk vision of an old Europe-inspired new world.
- Old-school boss fights! Use your skills and wits to overcome the 5 incredible final bosses eager to demagnetize you.
- No disruptions! That means no loading screens, no GUI, no cutscenes. Just the game and you.
- Mesmerizing soundtrack! Awesome mix of classical orchestra, with a touch of Russian inspiration and a myriad of metal bit and electrical stuff.
Rain AS is an Indie video game developer based in Bergen, Norway. Founded in 2010, we are a relatively young company, growing forth from a cooperative community of local artists and programmers.
The games we produce are small, smart, simple and elegantly designed. Being comprised of people who all enjoy many different aspects of gaming allows us to blend these different elements together until we find something that sticks, all in the name of creating an enjoyable video game experience. Everyone on our team is passionate about gaming, and strive to create games that are not only fun, but challenging.
Do you have any question? Want to tell us something? Please go and reach us out, it will be our pleasure to get in touch with you!
Eduardo Garabito - PR manager