FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES, March 26 th, 2013
Teaser released for upcoming PSN title “Metrico” ( link), by Digital Dreams.
Dutch indie developer Digital Dreams announces their new game “Metrico”. Metrico was revealed during Sony’s Indie Arcade press event at GDC San Francisco and will be a PS Vita exclusive game available on PSN.
Metrico centers around infographics. It’s an atmospheric puzzle action game that strives to create a unique mindset of its own. The idea was born a few years ago out of noticing how beautiful infographics can look as an art form. It was reinforced by seeing that infographics have become increasingly important in contemporary pop-culture. While they haven’t made their way to videogames yet, Digital Dreams feels it’s a place where they can work exceptionally well. This is not just because of their pretty aesthetics as much as it is about actively changing data and how that can be visualized.
An early prototype of Metrico won the IndiePub propeller Award in the category of “Best Design” in 2012. Metrico is the first Pub Fund deal by Sony for a PS Vita only title.
END OF PRESS RELEASE
About Digital Dreams
We are Roy, Geert and Thijmen, soon to be known as Digital Dreams. We’re from the Netherlands and we share a building with other game developers like Ronimo (Awesomenauts) and Vlambeer (Ridiculous Fishing). We have a short history in AAA development but quickly found out that we wanted to start our own company and work on our own projects. As a small indie company we strive to create elegant and meaningful experiences in the form of downloadable console games. With that said, we are very proud and super excited to finally announce Metrico, a unique PS Vita exclusive!
- Visit digitaldreamsgames.com/presskit() for all necessary info on Metrico.
- Visit metrico-game.com for the Metrico official website, including the just released teaser
- Follow the game on Twitter via http://twitter.com/MetricoGame and use the
#Metrico hashtag to join the discussion on Twitter
- You can also keep up with news on the game via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetricoGame
- Visit http://www.digitaldreamsgames.com/contact/press/ for all press affairs and earlier press releases
- There is also a Playstation Blog post about the announcement, which you can find over here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/26/announcing-metrico-a-new-ps-vita-pub-fund-exclusive/
Contact: Geert Nellen
Company: Digital Dreams