LONDON, UK – 3rd October 2012 – Tikipod Ltd announced that ‘ Aqua Kitty – Milk Mine Defender’ will be available for purchase via digital download on the PlayStation®Network on October 3 rd, 2012 as a launch title for PlayStation Mobile , in the following territories: UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia, North America, Japan.
THE GAME STORY
Due to a sudden shortage of milk, cats around the world are forced to seek out new sources to get their fix.
You and your team of milk mining kittens have overcome a fear of water to drill down under the ocean seabed and begin extracting vast reserves of what seems to be naturally forming full-fat milk.
Get ready for fast paced submarine action, defending the kittens from disruptive mechanical sea creatures.
THE MILK MUST FLOW!
Aqua Kitty is a 2D pixel drawn arcade shooter, created with a love of the 16-bit gaming era and late 80s video arcade games.
· Fast paced horizontally scrolling looping underwater levels.
· Branching map progression of levels.
· Varying sea depths per level that subtly affect gameplay.
· A dual firing submarine with a rechargeable secondary weapon that needs to be managed carefully (upgrades through game progress).
· A variety of mechanical enemies to encounter each with differing behaviours.
· Chain kill combo system allowing the more skilled player to maximise score.
· Depth based power-up system that gives partial control on the type and location of the power-ups created (allowing tactical advantage).
· Both level high score and 100% kitten saviour challenges.
· For the super hard-core god-like players, a classic infinite and milk-free level that never ever ends.
· Hand drawn 16-bit era styled pixel art graphics, displayed at a crisp 720p.
· Awesome chiptune music taking inspiration from the best of the C64 and Amiga days.
AQUA KITTY DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Dugan Jackson, Art:
Forced to spend his youth playing Amiga and PC Engine games with a spot of drawing pixel art (with Deluxe Paint) in-between. All that research and practice has now paid off in the resulting beauty of Aqua Kitty’s artwork.
Wrote his first game in Basic on ZX81. Twenty-some years later and he is still writing games.
Electric Café, Audio:
Having been fed a strict kitty diet of C64 and Amiga games in his early years Mark now draws upon those musical influences in his own music. All those synth squelches and wobbles combined with kick ass beats provide a retro framework for the Aqua Kitty Soundtrack!
ABOUT TIKIPOD LTD
Based in London UK, Tikipod Ltd has been an independent games development company since 2009 and is run by Dugan Jackson. As well as developing its own titles it helps with other companies games such as:
Gravity Crash – for JAW Ltd.
Eufloria PSN – for OmniLabs.
Stealth Bastard – for Curve Studios.
Aqua Kitty will be available on the 3 rd October 2012 as a launch title for Playstation Mobile on the Playstation Network Store.
Aqua Kitty trailer – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFT6NHaVZmg
Aqua Kitty website – http://tikipod.com/aquakitty/
Aqua Kitty assets - http://tikipod.com/aquakitty/Aquakitty_presspack.zip