Thursday, 22nd May (2pm GMT)– Codemasters Online is pleased to announce they have opened the doors to their 500,000th player of its popular subscription-free MMORPG, ArchLord.
Since moving to free-to-play, ArchLord has seen explosive new player growth over recent months with more players than ever taking on the challenge to compete to become the all-conquering ArchLord and with it rule the entire game world.
Ed Relf, Director of Marketing, Codemasters Online commented,“This is a key milestone in the growth of ArchLord. ArchLord is a premier free-to-play MMORPG offering significantly more depth and quality than most other free-to-play games and this recent achievement solidifies our commitment to the ongoing development and success of ArchLord.”
To cope with the increased popularity for the game, Codemasters Online will shortly be opening an all-new game world to cope with the game’s substantially increased demand as they gear up for the next free content update Episode 3 due in the coming months.
ArchLord is a premier free-to-play online role-playing game allowing players to download and play the game for free with no monthly subscriptions or commitments. The online game challenges thousands of players each month to raise an army, to compete to become the game’s all-ruling ArchLord and with it control of the entire game world impacting on the lives of thousands of ArchLord players.
To download ArchLord the premier free-to-play MMORPG visit the game’s official website www.archlordgame.com
- <*>ENDS #*>
UK PRESS INFORMATION
Codemasters 01926 814 132
Ed Relf firstname.lastname@example.org
PRESS RESOURCE WEB SITE
Download game artwork, screens and essential Codemasters’ press materials direct to your desktop from: http://www.codemasters.com/mediabank
Codemasters is a leading developer and publisher of best-selling interactive entertainment products for a global audience across multiple gaming platforms and channels. Established in 1986, the company’s dominant brands include Colin McRae: DiRT, Overlord, Race Driver: GRID and Operation Flashpoint. Codemasters is headquartered in Warwickshire UK, with North American operations based in Universal City, California. The company also maintains operations in Germany, France, Spain, Benelux and Malaysia. Codemasters receives over two million visitors to its site every month, discover why at www.codemasters.com
CODEMASTERS CODE M
It’s free to subscribe to Code M, Codemasters’ privileged subscriber community. Sign up and receive priority access to playable demos, downloads and information ahead of general release. To subscribe, simply click this link: www.codemasters.com/codem
ASK ABOUT GAMES
Codemasters supports askaboutgames.com www.askaboutgames.com - a new UK initiative designed to help parents understand the age ratings system for computer and video games so that they can make more informed choices when choosing games for their children.
CODEMASTERS ONLINE GAMING RSS FEEDS
Really Simple Syndication or RSS as its commonly known are web feeds that provide web content such as news items or summaries of web content together with links to the full versions of the content. These feeds can be placed into an RSS reader or a compatible web browser bringing all the news to your desktop, and ensuring you are always up-to-date with the latest ArchLord / LOTRO / DDO / RFO news!
ArchLord is a fantasy themed MMORPG that holds a unique competitive premise for gamers: the opportunity to rise to become the game world's supreme ruler. Throughout this epic quest-based role-playing title set in the game world’s Middle Ages, every month one player will gain control of the world and with it the opportunity to wreak havoc as they are crowned supreme ArchLord. Visit the game’s official website online at www.archlordgame.com
• Players can immortalise themselves in history and leave behind their legacy as they set about their heroic struggle for ArchLord supremacy, and with it gain control over powerful monsters, epic bodyguards and even wreak havoc from the skies with their very own mighty ArchLord Dragon mount
• Control the economy, levee taxes, curse or enchant players
• Players take their pick from 3 powerful races including Humans, Orcs or the enchanting Moon Elves. Learn and master character skills and develop them through a range of engaging quests and combat.
• One the most advanced PVP systems ever seen within any MMO including full blown castle sieges, epic guild on guild battles incorporating hundreds of players and free battle areas where players can challenge their rivals
• The mystical world of Chantra is fantastically realised with astounding character detail and gorgeous landscapes. Outstanding in game audio recorded by the world famous London Symphony Orchestra only acts to further enhance the gaming experience.