FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Popuvky, Czech Republic– August 24, 2010– From the depths of Space flies J.U.L.I.A., a logical video game built upon the story of Rachel Manners, a 35 year old astrobiologist, who was among a close group of scientists chosen to embark upon one of the most critical mission ever conceived on Earth.
Early game information can be seen at www.JuliaTheGame.com
”Imagine how you would feel if you were jolted out of a cryogenic sleep by an emergency alarm. As your surroundings come into focus, you recognize the huge space probe on which you find yourself but only vaguely recollect the reason why are you there.“, said Jan Kavan, director at CBE and continued describing the game's atmosphere. “Disoriented, you rush into the control room and realize that you have been asleep for several decades already. As the probe's A.I. fills you in, you discover that you are the last surviving member of the entire crew with no ordinary mission: to encounter extraterrestrial sentient life-forms. Yet something went terribly wrong...”
In your mission you will:
- Step into the spacesuit of Rachel Manners and find out why you were singled out of the whole expedition.
- Utilize an ingenious MOBOT - mobile robot suited for planetary exploration - to discover secrets and mysteries of the solar system far away from ours.
- Solve the mystery of the mission's failure.
- Travel to six unique planets and uncover their secrets.
- Solve puzzles, gather clues and communicate with the probe's temperamental artificial intelligence: Julia.
J.U.L.I.A. will be available in Q1/2011.
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/juliathegame
Or see J.U.L.I.A. in motion on our dedicated YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JuliaTheGame
About Cardboard Box Entertainment
Founded in 2006 by Jan Kavan and Lukas Medek, a duo of creative independent developers from the Czech Republic, Cardboard Box Entertainment has a clear mission: to bring to life strong stories and explore new possibilities beyond the traditional gameplay paradigm. Debuting with paranormal comedy Ghost in the Sheet, both developers also individually contributed to such games as Dark Fall 2, Barrow Hill, Tale of a Hero, Colour of Murder or The Black Circle.
Jan Kavan, CBE director
Cardboard Box Entertainment