Prague, Czech Republic, December 22nd 2009– As a continuous commitment to its dedicated fans, Bohemia Interactive and IDEA Games announced today the release of the new patch for ARMA 2; one of the most critically acclaimed sandbox PC military simulators of 2009.
Among the list of tweaks and fixes detailed below, this patch brings a number of new features such as a new attack helicopter AH-64D Apache, created with stunning detail, and an exclusive mini-campaign„EAGLE WING“ expanding on one of the seven unique endings of the original ARMA 2.
Updating the game to version 1.05, the patch delivers the following bug fixes, gameplay tweaks and performance improvements:
• Free bonus campaign Eagle Wing
• Free bonus helicopter addon AH-64D
• New Warfare multiplayer mode When Diplomacy Fails, including 3-sides and support for diplomacy between factions
• Major AI tweaking and balancing (better combat cooperation, better situational awareness, new Suppressive fire command)
• Significant performance improvements, especially in large cities
• Fixed compatibility problems under Windows Vista and Windows 7 x64 with 8 GB and more RAM
• Grass now provides concealment also in distance
• Improved hit detection and damage system
• Improved object visibility and less significant objects popping in distance
• Improved mouse input handling
• Spatial sound improvements
• Automatic launching of user made addons (units, missions etc.) via "pbo" file association with the game
• Possibility to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode at any time in game menus using Alt + Enter or through video options
• Various crash opportunities fixed
• Linux server support added
• New GUI to various dedicated server settings
• New GUI for multiplayer commands
• Enabled commanding during story conversations
• FreeTrack support using FreeTrackClient.dll
• DRM free
• Optional anti-cheat protection
To download the ARMA 2 patch 1.05 and to find the latest information about the project please visit the game’s homepage at www.arma2.com
Detailed information, written directly by Marek Spanel, Bohemia's CEO, can be found at www.bistudio.com in the Developer's blog section.
This patch is compatible with all previous ARMA 2 versions as well as with the STEAM version.
Track us on web:
Facebook: IDEA Games
# # #
Tel: +420 257 189 564
ARMA 2 is set in year 2009, in a fictional state of Chernarus, a post-Soviet country where civil war raged for over 2 painful years. As a leader of USMC Force Recon team, you are sent with your squad to prevent further civilian casualties and ensure ongoing stability in Chernarus.
ARMA 2 is based on the latest generation technology, offering a large-scale game world, authentic and extremely detailed modern units, weapons, vehicles and environments, challenging single player and a vast array of multiplayer options.
ARMA 2, developed by Bohemia Interactive, is available on www.sprocketidea.com now.
About Bohemia Interactive
Established in 1999 in Prague, Czech Republic, Bohemia Interactive is an independent game development studio that focuses on developing original state of the art computer entertainment and simulation software, including the research of proprietary advanced real-time 3D graphics, artificial intelligence and physical simulation technologies for real-time interactive environments.
Operation Flashpoint, Bohemia Interactive's debut game published by Codemasters in 2001, became the No. 1 bestselling PC game around the world and has won many international awards, including“Game of The Year” and“Best Action Game.” Over 2 million copies of Operation Flashpoint have been sold since its release. Bohemia Interactive’s second major release, ArmA: Armed Assault (also known as ArmA: Combat Operations), followed in 2007 and sold over 400,000 copies on PC through various local publishing partners. ARMA 2, the latest hit in the series of realistic military simulators, released worldwide during summer 2009 was placed in the top positions of official PC charts around the world immediately following its release.
The research and development team of Bohemia Interactive has more than 50 experienced developers at studios in the Czech Republic. Bohemia Interactive won the Best PC Game Developer award for 2001 at London’s ECTS exhibition and Rookie Studio of the Year award at GDC 2002. http://www.bistudio.com
"Operation Flashpoint"™ is a trademark of Codemasters.