FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Ohio, USA -- August 7, 2007 -- Indie game developer Cryptic Comet announced today that their turn based strategy game Armageddon Empires has been updated to version 1.04. The update can be obtained at their website www.crypticcomet.com. In addition to numerous fixes, two new UI features allow players to easily identify which cards in their hand can be directly played to the board and which hex the enemy is attacking by checking for a marker on the mini map. Also available in a separate download is an optional mod for players with color blindness who are having difficulty distinguishing between the resource icons on the game map.
Armageddon Empires takes the best elements of collectable card games (don’t worry there are no cards to chase you get them all), board games, and computer games and brings them all together to provide a unique strategy war game experience. Choose a normal size map and battle in a death match with a single AI opponent finishing within an hour or select a huge map and slug it out with the other 3 factions in a game of epic proportions.
Update, Demo and Full Game Available at www.crypticcomet.com
- Turn based strategy game in a post-apocalyptic setting versus 1 to 3 AI opponents.
- Hexagonal maps depicting the ravaged wastes of earth circa 2345 featuring 3 map sizes ranging from normal to huge.
- 4 playable factions each with unique units, art and playing styles.
- Over 75 faction heroes lead your armies into battle. Heroes allow for larger, more effective armies and have their own special abilities that can change the tide of battle or even create new weapons and technology cards.
- Over 200 unique units wage battle across the savage landscape; command infantry, cyborgs, robots, powered battle armor, armor, artillery, mecha, biomecha and many more.
- Over 80 unique special abilities for heroes and units; abilities like multi-targeting, shock attack, double attack, fanatic, military genius and valor allow you to find exciting combos of play just like you would in a collectible card or miniatures game.
- Collectible card game flavor without the expense. Each hero, unit or facility is a card that can be added to your play deck.
- Board game mechanics. Roll a unit’s attack die versus another unit’s defense die and play special abilities and cards to alter the results.
- Assassinate enemy heroes, sabotage enemy facilities, gather intelligence through espionage and stealth, hunt down enemy heroes and hold them prisoner.
- Drop thermonuclear weapons on your enemies or load out your units with tactical nuke cards created by your leading technologists.
- Challenging goal based AI agents see the same game you do and must gather intelligence, build armies and formulate plans just like you:“No cheating.”
For additional information on the news that is the subject of this release (or for a screenshots, evaluation copy or demo), contact Vic Davis or visit www.crypticcomet.com.
Cryptic Comet Inc