NEW YORK– February 10th, 2011– Paradox Interactive and Nitro Games announced its new RTS/RPG game Pirates of Black Cove on the Paradox Interactive Convention 2011.
So prepare for the 16th century, the golden era of pirates! This is your chance to conquer the Caribbean, because the Pirates of Black Cove challenge you to roam the open world with your pirate crew. Notoriety and pirate fame brings you closer to your goal to be the King of All Pirates.
Avast! To view Pirates of Black Cove teaser, please click here:
“ Pirates of Black Cove is an adventurous strategy game that our community has been waiting for,” said Brendon Neuwerth, COO of Nitro Games. “Combining proper skills with the right amount of Pirate bluster, a pirate might just have a shot at ruling both land and sea. And keep in mind that dead men tell no tales... Savvy?”
Getting promotions within the pirate brotherhood requires force, daring, guile and even deceit. But be careful, because other pirates will be competing for promotions too. However, bribery, favors and outright assassinations will ensure that you climb the ranks faster. Join infamous pirate strongholds like Port Royal and Tortuga. As you are promoted to higher ranks, you will own, manage and develop parts of the stronghold and entice other captains to join your fleet.
Join, champion, and unite the three pirate factions; Pirates, Corsairs and Buccaneers. Unite the three Pirate factions to gain access to their hero units and ultimately take down the Pirates of Black Cove and become King of all Pirates. Do you have what it takes or are you a weak land lubber?
Shiver me timbers! Pirates of Black Cove is set to launch in Q2 2011.
- Roam the open World with your Pirate crew and pick up missions as you sail the seas.
- Notoriety and fame brings you closer to your ultimate goal: to be the King of All Pirates
- Battle it out with the forces of Black Cove and other colonial nations on both land and sea
- Gather infamous pirates to your crew, but be sure to keep them happy or they’ll side with your rivals
- Select your character from several different Pirate Captains, each with their own unique skills and features
- Varied units and weapons allows You to carry out the battles as You see fit
For more info: