Avanquest Software has announced the release of the The 39 Steps; Collector’s Edition, a digital adaptation of John Buchan’s spy thriller classic. In this revolutionary interactive novel, the reader is transported back to London in 1914, where Richard Hannay finds himself framed for a murder he didn’t commit.
Merging the worlds of literature, gaming and film into one visually stunning medium, the software remains entirely faithful to the book and has been designed to appeal to a wide range of audiences; core games, casual gamers, digital readers and lovers of the original story.
Whilst it’s not a game, there are interactive elements and readers can collect 25 different items and unlock 16 awards throughout the 200 unique locations. The production features hundreds of hand-painted environments and authentic materials from 1910s Britain, along with an original soundtrack and theatrical voice performances.
• Based on the amazing spy thriller story written by John Buchan originally published in 1915
• Merges the world of literature, gaming and film into one visually stunning storyline, creating a cinematic reading experience
• Faithfully constructed using the original – and best-selling – John Buchan text, first published in 1915
• Hundreds of hand-painted environments digitally reconstructed
• Authentic materials from 1910s Britain, including video, music and photographs
• 8 different storytelling mechanics, 25 Collectible Items and 16 Awards to be unlocked in over 200 unique locations
• An original soundtrack and theatrical voice performances
Publisher: Avanquest Software Publishing
Developer: The Story Mechanics
Format: PC DVD-ROM
Genre: Children’s / Puzzle / Adventure
RRP: £10.20inc. VAT
Sales information for The 39 Steps; Collector’s Edition
RRP: £10.20 inc. VAT
Available from www.avanquest.co.uk, Amazon.co.uk, Morrisons, WHSmiths
Published by: Avanquest Software Publishing
About Avanquest Software
Avanquest Software is one of the world’s leading software developers and publishers, with operations in Europe, North America and China, and marketing its software titles through Retail, Corporate, OEM and Direct-to-Consumer channels. The company is committed to innovation in the design, development and publishing of world-class, easy-to-use and affordable software. Avanquest Software is listed on Euronext (ISIN FR0004026714) since December 1996. Additional information is available at http://www.avanquest.com or http://about.avanquest.com.
ABOUT THE STORY MECHANICS
The Story Mechanics is the digital storytelling arm of Scottish independent production company Tern
TV. The Story Mehanics is the company behind the multi award-winning Slabovia.tv (digital) and KNTV (TV) series for Channel 4, and is also responsible for the BBC’s Beauty of Maps multiplatform
series and an array of other productions for the likes of SyFy, ITV, C4 Education and BBC Learning.
Tern’s TV arm delivers to BBC, National Geographic, ITV, Sky and UKTV.
For further information, packshots and review copies please contact:
Avanquest Software Publishing
+44 (0) 1480 496 666
We are also happy to organise competitions and giveaways for this product.