FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Haarlem, The Netherlands -- Aug 08, 2007 Leading Publisher Lighthouse Interactive today released a new gameplay video for its upcoming fantasy-based Action RPG game AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage. Scheduled to release in October 2007 on the PC, this new RPG successfully combines fast-paced and dynamic combat elements with a solid RPG foundation to create a compelling story-driven gaming experience. AVENCAST will also be Windows® Vista TM compatible.
Watch the battle for Avencast unfold in the latest gameplay video showcasing AVENCAST's unique approach to combat. As his world is ravaged by demons and all appears lost, our hero must develop his combination of skills in both spell casting and melee combat to destroy demonic enemies and liberate his World.
As the sun rises over Avencast, the renowned academy of magic; a young adept begins his perilous journey. In a world of wizardry, wonder and untold mystery, you must undertake some of the most diverse quests to hone your abilities in spell casting, weaponry and melee combat. Your martial skills are soon put to the test as demonic monsters of unknown ancient origin descend upon Avencast turning the academy into a horrific state of chaos and destruction.
Armed with over 50 combat moves and spells, and a vast arsenal of equipment items, you must uncover the source of these ominous happenings while vanquishing an onslaught of fiendish enemies. Treachery and deceit reveal themselves as the vicious army of adversaries beleaguers your frail haven threatening Avencast's very existence. Amidst the mayhem, an astonishing truth unfolds which will forever change the battle scarred Wizard.
AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage is accessible to novice RPG game players, but it will also challenge core RPG and Action fans. Both combat and non-combat interactions create a perfect balance between brains and brawn. By requiring players to bring their own combat and strategic skills to the forefront, they will have the excitement of crafting a powerful character unleashing their hero's potential.
• Cast Lethal Spells from Different Skill Trees - Surrounded by vicious foes, unleash a mighty soul magic spell. The pure agglomeration of energy alone produces a warp in the surrounding atmosphere before the catastrophic nova demolishes your enemies. Blood Magic (elementally charged blows with varying speeds, ranges, and damage properties) and Soul Magic (covers all kinds of ranged magic spells allowing better area control) - both allow players to summon reinforcements during combat.
• Perilous Quests - While brawn and agility will win most battles, acumen and strategic thinking are necessary to survive challenging quests.
• Fluid Combat System - Chain together spells and easily execute lethal attacks using an innovative system that favors skillful gameplay over dull mouse clicking. Unleash your hero's potential as you bring your own player skills to each intense battle.
• Strong Player Personification&Character Development - Acquire new equipment, armor, weapons and spell casting skills to craft a powerful character.
• Over 30 Nightmarish Monsters with Advanced AI - Each with versatile combat strategies, attacks, and defensive moves dependant upon the player's behavior and attack strategy.
• State-of-the-art 3D Engine - Stunning graphics enhanced with advanced visual effects make for an impressive display of devastating spell casting.
• Many Hours of Exciting Gameplay - Set in diverse worlds with both indoor and outdoor environments to explore.
• Attractive to a Broad Range of Players - An Action RPG at its core, but dynamic gameplay and adventure-like quests make AVENCAST attractive to a broad range of game players.
ClockStone Software GmbH is an up-and-coming Austrian company specialized in developing games and multimedia applications for the PC. Located in the beautiful town of Innsbruck, Austria, their growing team of artists, programmers, and game designers together with numerous freelancing partners seeks to create innovative, state-of-the-art software and graphics at the highest level. Please visit www.clockstone.com.
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a fast growing publisher of interactive entertainment with offices in Haarlem, The Netherlands, Montreal, Canada and London, England. Lighthouse's titles include the critically acclaimed adventure title "Keepsake", the surprise sim hit "Ship Simulator 2006" and the award winning 4x space strategy hybrid "Sword of the Stars". Staffed with industry veterans and with offices in key locations around the world, Lighthouse is the right choice for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. www.lighthouse-interactive.com
Michael Meyers PR
phone: 925.551.8080 Lighthouse Interactive
phone: +31 23 540 9449