Haarlem, The Netherlands– October 11, 2007– In anticipation of the upcoming release of their unique Action RPG game, AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage, leading Publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developer ClockStone Software, today revealed the official demo. Releasing later this month on PC DVD-ROM, AVENCAST combines role-playing with a fluid combat system found in beat-em-up games, which is unique to the RPG genre. AVENCAST is Windows® Vista™ compatible and has now gone gold.
Michael Schiestl, CEO of ClockStone Software said,“Players will now have the chance to play the demo and experience first hand some of the exciting features in AVENCAST– intense, action-packed combat sequences, and mighty spells that are graphically stunning. Three indoor and outdoor locations are showcased, with over 20 powerful spells to unlock, and loads of items to uncover. This is just a taste of what AVENCAST has to offer. We hope players will enjoy challenging the malicious foes from the world of AVENCAST!”
“ClockStone created a unique and fluid combat system for AVENCAST that stands out and differs from other action RPGs,” said Erik Schreuder, CEO of Lighthouse Interactive.“The demo focuses on the combat system and spell casting. If you like action and role-playing, this is the demo you need to play!”
The demo will allow players to experience AVENCAST’s unique combat and spell casting system as they battle numerous demonic enemies. A tutorial will also be available to allow players to hone their skills before heading into battle. With more than 1.5 hours of gameplay, over 20 different spells to master, countless items to uncover, vicious enemies to battle, and exotic environments to explore, players will soon discover whether they have what it takes to rise to the challenge and save their world.
As the sun rises over Avencast, the renowned academy of magic; a young adept begins his perilous journey. In a world of wizardry, wonder and untold mystery, you must undertake some of the most diverse quests to hone your abilities in spell casting, weaponry and melee combat. Your martial skills are soon put to the test as demonic monsters of unknown ancient origin descend upon Avencast turning the academy into a horrific state of chaos and destruction.
Armed with over 50 combat moves and spells, and a vast arsenal of equipment items, you must uncover the source of these ominous happenings while vanquishing an onslaught of fiendish enemies. Treachery and deceit reveal themselves as the vicious army of adversaries beleaguers your frail haven threatening Avencast’s very existence. Amidst the mayhem, an astonishing truth unfolds which will forever change the battle scarred Wizard.
AVENCAST: Rise of the Mage is accessible to novice RPG game players, but it will also challenge core RPG and Action fans. Both combat and non-combat interactions create a perfect balance between brains and brawn. By requiring players to bring their own combat and strategic skills to the forefront, they will have the excitement of crafting a powerful character unleashing their hero’s potential.
• Cast Lethal Spells from Different Skill Trees– Surrounded by vicious foes, unleash a mighty soul magic spell. The pure agglomeration of energy alone produces a warp in the surrounding atmosphere before the catastrophic nova demolishes your enemies. Blood Magic (elementally charged blows with varying speeds, ranges, and damage properties) and Soul Magic (covers all kinds of ranged magic spells allowing better area control)– both allow players to summon reinforcements during combat.
• Perilous Quests– While brawn and agility will win most battles, acumen and strategic thinking are necessary to survive challenging quests.
• Fluid Combat System– Chain together spells and easily execute lethal attacks using an innovative system that favors skillful gameplay over dull mouse clicking. Unleash your hero’s potential as you bring your own player skills to each intense battle.
• Strong Player Personification&Character Development - Acquire new equipment, armor, weapons and spell casting skills to craft a powerful character.
• Over 30 Nightmarish Monsters with Advanced AI– Each with versatile combat strategies, attacks, and defensive moves dependant upon the player’s behavior and attack strategy.
• State-of-the-art 3D Engine– Stunning graphics enhanced with advanced visual effects make for an impressive display of devastating spell casting.
• Many Hours of Exciting Gameplay– Set in diverse worlds with both indoor and outdoor environments to explore.
• Attractive to a Broad Range of Players– An Action RPG at its core, but dynamic gameplay and adventure-like quests make AVENCAST attractive to a broad range of game players.
To download the demo, visit:
ClockStone Software GmbH is an up-and-coming Austrian company specialized in developing games and multimedia applications for the PC. Located in the beautiful town of Innsbruck, Austria, their growing team of artists, programmers, and game designers together with numerous freelancing partners seeks to create innovative, state-of-the-art software and graphics at the highest level. www.clockstone.com.
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a fast growing publisher of interactive entertainment with offices established in Toronto and Montreal, Canada, Haarlem, The Netherlands and London, England. The company is focused on bringing strong titles to the worldwide market in a wide array of genres including: RPG, Simulation, Adventure, Action and Strategy. Staffed with industry veterans, Lighthouse is the right choice for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. www.lighthouse-interactive.com
Michael Meyers Public Relations
Tel: +31 23 540 9449