MAY 9, 2013: Digital Tribe Games and IndiePub Entertainment, Inc., are bringing the hardcore retro side-scrolling action game Bad Bots to PC and Mac via Steam on May 17, 2013.
As Sam McRae, last surviving member of the “Titan Hauler” crew, you must hack and blast your way through an onslaught of truly bad 'bots to find a way to prevent a potential planet-destroying catastrophe. The mystery of what happened to everyone while you were in cryostasis unfolds around you as you wade through the bodies of your fallen shipmates, unloading round after round into your relentless automaton attackers.
- Explore 170 danger-filled rooms throughout the ship including the Evacuation Bay, Mechanical Shafts and Robot Workshops while the rich sci-fi story unfolds in the Campaign Mode.
- Engage in combat against more than 2000 deranged robots comprised of several unique types, all programmed to kill you.
- Face off against 7 deadly bosses, each with distinctive attacks including the fire spewing Flamebot, electrified Orbs, the lethal grip of the Spider and Jack Hammer’s brutal pistons.
- Defend yourself with 8 robot bustin' weapons including your trusty Axe, Rifle, Shotgun, explosive Grenade Launcher, Pulsar Gun and more.
- Try to survive 60 seconds against an endless onslaught of especially persistent and cranky gun-toting, knife wielding robots in 3 unique rooms in Challenge Mode.
- Earn 14 challenging Achievements including “Run Amok,” “Top Dog” and “Reaper’s Friend.”
- Enjoy full Controller and Steam Big Picture support so you can partake in all the ‘bot slayin’ goodness from the comforts of your couch.
Put your mettle to the metal in Bad Bots come May 17, 2013, on Steam for both PC and Mac.
MEDIA ASSETS: dtribe.me/BadBotsMedia
GAME WEBSITE: BadBotsTheGame.com
John F. Kaiser III
PJ J. Hruschak I
About Digital Tribe Games
Digital Tribe Games is an emerging indie publisher established to service the rapidly evolving digital distribution segment of the video game industry.
indiePub is a leader in promoting independent video games and their developers. indiePub has engaged indie game developers and gamers by providing resources to collaborate and create innovative games. indiePub is a developer, publisher and distributor of independently created video games for various platforms including game consoles, handheld game systems, mobile devices and tablets. indiePub’s elite indie games lineup includes Bad Bots, Kona’s Crate, Vessel, Fireburst, Storm, Capsized+, Hungry Gows and several yet-to-be announced games.
About Vanni del Moral
Vanni Del Moral is an indie game developer based in the San Francisco Bay Area (California, USA). Moral won the 2010 Yo Yo Games Challenge for his game, The Hive, and was named as an Honorable Mention in indiePub’s 2012 Independent Propeller Awards for Bad Bots.