For Immediate Release 6 th July, 2011
Ballarat GiG: Get Into Games
Where: Mining Exchange, Ballarat, Victoria. Australia
When: 22 nd and 23 rd July
Come to Australia’s largest regional video games career expo to meet the Aussie team that gets to combine footy and making video games into a career. The AFL live developers are confirmed for Ballarat GiG.
Not only do the guys at Big Ant have what could easily be a dream job of many; their title is also
one of the best selling titles for the year in this country. The team will talk about how they made AFL Live, what it was like and how they got into games.
AFL LIVE Features:
Besides talking about making the game, the team will also help give you the inside word on the game as well as fill you in on tricks and hints to take your team to glory and win the Premiership flag! Come done and have a blast while you learn about the games industry.
• See and feel every big play with motion captured from real players.
• Tackle, bump, fend and spoil. Take massive specky's! Kick miraculous bananas from the boundary and unleash mighty torpedos!
• Multiple camera settings and dramatic replays.
• Expert commentary by Dennis Cometti and Brian Taylor.
• Dynamic on-the-fly interchanges.
• Team-based strategies based on your personal style of play.
• Create and customise unique players and teams in the FOOTY FACTORY.
• Competitive or co-operative multiplayer.
• Go online for head-to-head or co-operative clashes having up to 4 players on each side.
• Online Experience System: Level up to win badges for ultimate bragging rights.
• All 12 authentic AFL stadia from around Australia.
About Big Ant
Big Ant Studios is an Australian game development studio founded in 2001 by CEO Ross Symons, a software development pioneer with a professional history that stretches back to the 1970's when he first authored a number of internationally published books on programming and games for platforms including the TRS80 and Commodore PET/VIC20/64 series of personal computers.
Big Ant Studios, one of the largest game developers in Australia, develop premium character action and racing content for platforms that include the Sony PlayStation2, PlayStation3, Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Xbox360, and PC. Supported by such leading global publishers as THQ, Konami, and Sierra Entertainment, Big Ant Studios have achieved significant market success. Every console title developed by Big Ant Studios has gone on to sell multiple hundred thousand units. www.bigant.com
About Ballarat GiG: Get into Games
GiG is a regional event developed to showcase the legitimate careers and avenues into the games industry in Australia. It is for anyone wanting to get more information on the opportunities on offer, the skills required and the various roles that play a part in game development. There is a focus on secondary school students, with buses available to make transport between the event and schools simple, and Friday is dedicated to presentations from some of Australia’s leading developers. The event is also about presenting career options in a fun way, and offers some of the latest games to play from the hottest developers in the world, as well as giveaways, and competitions. Whether you are a student, parent or gamer, GiG has something on offer for you.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information